Thursday 6 October 2016

My Christmas range so far

I have always found that the majority of Christmas decorations are all the same basically and I wanted to offer something different.  I like to use animals that are not associated with Christmas,  but make them have a Christmas theme.

Tree decorations 
These are what is left from last year,  but I plan to make more shortly.



 A sheep wearing a raindear's horns on a headband and a red rouldolph nose.

 Penguins in red party hats.

 Bats holding Christmas stars.

 Stegosaurus in santa hats.

Siameese cats in Christmas stockings.

Rabbits holding a big carrot shaped present, with fairy lights tangled round them.

 Elephants holding Christmas presents.

 Ginger tabby cats playing in a holly wreath  (this is my favourite).

 Hedgehogs holding Christmas presents.

Grey tabby cats holding Christmas puddings.

Swans with Christmas puddings on their backs.

I am planning on octopus with paper chains,  a lion with a roast turkey, polar bears with mince pies, hippos with a Christmas ballball in their mouths,  a badger with a candy cane and squirrelswith bowls of nuts.

I have no idea if I will manage them all, but I can always make more next year.

Christmas boxes 
I have made a couple of boxes for the shop.  They are swirling Christmas colours, with a Christmas tree on top.  All but one have cats on them.

I have had many criticisms of these.  That they are too loud and busy, but this is how I see Christmas. I understand that they are not for everyone,  but no art should be. I  make things that hold meaning to me, things that make my heart leap. If I don't love it,  I will not sell it.

A black cat sitting near to the tree.  The box is Christmas tree shaped.

 A grey cat sitting near the tree.  The box is Christmas tree shaped.

A tree (no cat) on a star shaped box.

 A grey cat playing with the tree.  The box is Christmas tree shaped.

There was a tree shaped box with a black cat playing with the tree,  but  it has gone to its forever home and I can't find its picture.

Kind of Christmasy 
There are several bits I have made that I don't think would look out of place in a Christmas setting,  but where not made with Christmas in mind.  Well, see what you think......


It has a snowman, but I really had no idea when I started, that I was going to make this.  I  don't usually work with such little plan,  but I am very pleased with how it has turned out.

This is my arctic box. I agree that I am really stretching it here,  but it has ice and I have seen many people who go for the light blue, silver and white colour scheme for their Christmas decorations.

I  personally go for purple (my favourite colour), magenta, turquoise and silver. Not really Christmas colours,  but I have never had a problem with getting copious amounts of bits in these.

No comments:

Post a Comment