Saturday 17 September 2016

Nature, my favourite artist

There are many themes that run through my work;  it's all made from Fimo,  it's all on the colourful side and it's all inspired by nature.
I don't look at pictures of other people's creations when I am modeling,  I  look at pictures of the actual animal or flower etc.  I look to nature for my colour combinations and my inspiration. 
Even my dragons.  How you ask?  I  look at pictures of lizards. 
I learnt that we all become desensitised to the awesomeness of nature,  because it has been a part of your life since birth. 
Take the common pigeon.  Look again at their colours;  lavenders, dusky heathers, soft grey blues.  Then you get the band of metallic rainbows in some  ( like in a soap bubble).  If you saw someone's living room in the same colours, you would be in love with it.
It's not just the colours nature uses,  but the awesome visual displays. There is so much variety of beautiful things,  that I am never stuck for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment