Saturday 17 September 2016

The latest decorative boxes (17th September 2016)

These are the latest batch of boxes that I have been making for the past week.  They are all my smallest size.
I decided that I was not going to use the swerly patterned clay that I have used for almost all my boxes.  This was because I had something different in mind. 
You should be able to see that all  (except for the tulip) has picture designs around them.  All except for the clovers where done using the Sutton slice technique.
This is done with rubber stamps.  Instead of putting ink on the raised bit like normal,  I  smear clay in the indented part.  I then use a blade to take the clay back until I can see the rubber of the raised bits and they are clean of clay.  I then stamp the pot.
Because I can't help myself,  I  added tiny crystals into a lot of the designs.  These have to be added after you have stamped the design.
I am going to make one more and then they are off to the oven.
After this,  it's my favourite part;  making the models for the lids.  I am thinking this lot will be getting dragons.

No comments:

Post a Comment